The days are longer so why not make the drinks stronger? All my fellow Homegoods aficionadas rejoice! You finally have a reason to buy that jigger, buy that martini shaker and buy those fancy ass wine glasses! Make brunch your bitch with these concoctions!
This post is a collaborative effort featuring British Babe, Mia of www.Beautiful-Inspiring-Creative-Life.com. This is one of my favorite blogs to read so I jumped at the chance to do a collab post with her! Of course, it’s about alcohol… of course it is. To be fair, she’s 18 and that’s the legal drinking age in the UK (don’t hate the player, hate the game).
Springtime in Miami is absolutely magical. I love living in paradise.
Onward with the drinks!
I like my beverages with a hint of sweetness, so I made simple sugar for all of the recipes. Don’t know how to make simple sugar? Click here to watch a tutorial! This stuff can get a bit expensive at the store and it’s too easy to not make yourself (and save $10+!).
If you don’t have a jigger, don’t want to spend $20 on a full bottle, or prefer not to keep half opened bottles around (maybe you have kids or an awful roommate), you can buy the baby bottles of alcohol. Each recipe calls for 1 or 2 lil bottles.
You can’t call yourself a native South Floridian if you can’t make a good mojito. Imagine my excitement when my mother brought back fresh sugarcane from Jamaica? I thought, “Ding, ding, ding! Mojito time!”
…Then she chewed all of the sugarcane before I could whip up my drinks for this post. Story of my life.
- A tall glass
- 5 or 6 fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons of white or pure cane sugar (or simple sugar)
- White Rum
- 1 1/2 cup of club soda
- 1 lime
- (Optional) 1 stalk of peeled sugarcane
- Slice your lime.
- Toss in about 5 mint leaves and a slice of lime. Muddle them in the the glass. If you don’t have a muddler, use a cooking spoon handle (we makes ways out of no ways around here). The goal is to release the oils from the mint leaves and the juice from the lime.
- Pour in the sugar.
- Toss in the white rum.
- Add one more lime slice.
- Pour in the club soda and stir.
- Garnish with another lime slice (and a stalk of sugarcane if you have it).
- Get drunk, get crunk!
Moscow Mules are already fabulous but what can possibly make them better? TEQUILA. Remix an old classic with the ultimate party starter, tequila!
- Ginger Beer
- Simple sugar
- A mint leaf or two
- Squeeze the lime juice into your glass.
- Take the mint leaves and clasp them with your fingers to release the oils. Toss into the glass.
- Add in ice.
- Add in tequila.
- Top with ginger beer.
- Flavor to taste with simple sugar.
- Sit back, relax, and sip slowly… this drink feels so good going down!
If I were a beverage instead of a person, I’d be a Champagne Spritzer. The perfect blend of fruit juices and bubbly with a dash of sweetness, this drink is sure to get the party started in a cute, subtle, fun way (you can’t taste the alcohol–WIN, WIN)!
- Cold Brut Champagne
- Cold Cranberry Juice
- Cold Ginger ale
This is probably the least complicated recipe of all because it’s just a fancy mimosa. It’s easier to make this by the pitcher and/or use a wine glass instead of a champagne flute. This recipe can be eyeballed; add as much or as little champagne according to your taste preference. Below is my standard measurement.
- Fill container 1/2 way with champagne.
- Add 1/4 of cranberry juice.
- Add 1/4 ginger ale.
- Extra bougie points: Top this champagne concoction off with a slice of fruit. Fruit garnishes make everything fancier.
- Parlay at the par-tay!
May your spring days be filled with fun and laughter; may these beverages only enhance both!
Thanks for reading! Be sure to check out Mia’s fabulous recipes and check out her blog. I promise you, you won’t regret it!
See ya on the flip side,
Catch the behind the scenes of my blog and my real life hot mess via Instastories!